How to Use Your Dental and Vision Benefits
November 1, 2021
Visiting your doctor isn’t the only way to stay healthy – it’s important to see your dentist and eye doctor, too. Parkland Community Health Plan offers a number of benefits for dental and vision care.
Your child’s Medicaid dental plan cover services that help prevent tooth decay and services that fix dental problems. You do not need a referral from your doctor to visit a dentist. It’s a good idea to visit the dentist every six months for a checkup and cleaning.
Call your child’s Medicaid dental plan to learn more about the services they offer. Check your Dental ID card to see which dental provider you have:
- DentaQuest: 1-800-516-0165
- MCNA Dental: 1-800-494-6262
- United Healthcare Dental: 1-800-822-5353
Parkland Community Health Plan’s HEALTHfirst and KIDSfirst plans cover emergency dental services, including:
- treatment of a dislocated jaw.
- treatment for traumatic damage to teeth and supporting structures.
- removal of cysts.
- treatment of an abscessed tooth or gum.
If you or your child need emergency dental care, call your main dentist to find out how to get emergency services. If their office is closed, call 9-1-1 or call PCHP’s 24-Hour Nurse Line:
- HEALTHfirst STAR Medicaid: 1-888-667-7890
- KIDSfirst CHIP: 1-800-357-3162
Questions about your dental benefits? Call PCHP Member Services:
- HEALTHfirst STAR Medicaid: 1-888-672-2277
- KIDSfirst CHIP: 1-888-814-2352
Parkland Community Health Plan partners with Avēsis to provide services like eye exams and glasses. To find an eye doctor near you, call their Member Services at 1-866-678-7113 or go to their website. You do not need a referral from your primary care provider to see an eye doctor.
Parkland HEALTHfirst and KIDSfirst members age 20 or younger can get an eye exam and glasses every 12 months. HEALTHfirst members age 21 and over can get an eye exam every 24 months.
Get Extra Benefits and Paid Rewards for Dental and Vision Care!
- HEALTHfirst members age 21 and older can get up to $300 per year for dental services, including checkups, x-rays, and cleanings.
- HEALTHfirst and KIDSfirst members can get $100 every 2 years toward new frames.
Learn more about extra benefits and paid rewards here.
Get Important Medicaid Updates through YourTexasBenefits.com
If you have a HEALTHfirst (STAR Medicaid) or KIDSfirst (CHIP) plan, it’s important to make sure that Texas Health & Human Services (HHSC) has your current contact information on file. If the information is not current, you will miss important updates regarding the expiration of your healthcare coverage. …
Redeem Your Parkland Rewards
If you have a Parkland Rewards account, be sure to redeem your 2022-2023 points before August 31, 2023.…